Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Effects of laying a transmission line between gate and drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-goe

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
u-strip

Hi guys

In my design in need to bypass the transistor with a capacitor from the drain to the gate, to make the transistor conditionally unstable in order to design an oscillator.

But I have a practical problem: the gate and drain of this component is not on the same side of the package, so I have to lay a transmission line from one side to the other side of the component and visa versa and between these to lines a connect the feedback capacitor.

My question to you Microwave guys: Is this going to change my design performance in any way? If it is can you suggest me any sollution the my practical problem.

I think it will degrade my performance, because the transmission line at the gate ande drain are calculated and designed for specific S-parameters to oscillate my system. So if you just add some piece of transmission line you change the S-parameters and mybe oscillation will vanisch??????????????

Greetz E-goe

u-strip

GND to via hole.
do a bended ustrip line path from gate to drain.
The bended path overcopass the source (or emitter) via hole

Re: u-strip

Hi
Can you draw a picture because I dont understand what you mean

Greetz E-goe

Re: u-strip

Hi Radu Adrian

The transistor has an SOT-143 package.

Greetz E-goe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search