Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what exactly peer to peer communication mean in USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ep.hobbyiest

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is exactly peer to peer communication mean in usb?
is it like if there are two host device communicating each other then if one wish to send data then this device can send.
means communication like multi-master?

what is exactly peer to peer communication mean in usb?
The term "peer to peer" isn't used in the USB specification, where do you see it at all?

i read it in nxp's one document.
page number-113 1st para.

Attachments

• rl-arm_gs.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 88

The NXP paper is referring to USB OTG (on-the-go), a connection between two USB devices or an embedded host and a device. For details refer to the USB 3.0 specification or the USB 2.0 OTG supplement, available at www.usb.org.

During an OTG session, one peer is adopting the host role.

Ok. you meant to say if i have OTG USB then i don't require PC HOST. By using OTG USB i can established the connection between this. as given example their.

An OTG capable device has usually built-in supported for a number of specific peers. E.g. a camera might be able to send images directly to a printer.

Hi,

USB OTG is a dual role USB controller, which acts either as a host or as a device. Digital cameras or Smart Phones are example devices which comes with OTG capability. Digital camera works as USB device when connected to PC, the same camera works as host when connected to a printer.

**broken link removed** is an OTG controller.

Tnx-
PRJI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back