Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plotting in Cadence Virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaknaller

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I hope this post is right in this section, if not just let me know and I'll do it in the right place next time.

I'm struggling a bit with plotting in Virtuoso and hope you can give me some tips how to do it. I'm performing a PSS simulation with a design variable (power, in dBm) being swept. I'm able to plot a desired differential voltage (V_out) through the Direct Plot -> Main Form window, which gives me a nice plot of my differential voltage vs P_in (the swept variable). So far so good, but I need now to calculate the derivative of this curve on a linear X scale, that is, I need first to convert the values of the X-axis (dBm to Watts), plot the output vs the converted power values in W, and then calculate the derivative of this plot. After that, I have to plot this derivative again vs P_in in dBm.

I've managed to do it while using the plot traces directly in the calculator, which is fine, but I have to do it every time I run the simulation, so quite impractically. I could not find the right variables on the Results Browser so I can create an expression that can be added to the Simulation Outputs and be plotted every time I run it.

Would be really grateful for some advice here.

Thanks!

Hi,

With ADEXL, in the output setup pane, create a "new expression". Then, il you click on the expression cell, you will have two button which appear on the right of the cell. If you click on "<", you can import the expression which is in the stack of the calculator.

Status
Not open for further replies.