Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

(MPU6500 - accelerater+gyroscope) How to improve the movement by using this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamguitarist

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
To all,

I am doing a project which is a satellite tracking system. The project aims to make the antenna mounted on the system always pointing to the satellite.
Besides, I know how to do the tracking part but the movement of antenna isn't smooth (fluctuation). I found that the accelerator plus gyroscope can improve
that movement. I also found from some source code of MPU6500 that MPU6500 will show the x,y,z value for gyroscope and x,y,z value for accelerator. However,
I still not figure out how to use those information to improve the movement of the tracking.

Could anyone give me some idea or related information about it?

Regards,
Andy

I know how to do the tracking part but the movement of antenna isn't smooth (fluctuation). I found that the accelerator plus gyroscope can improve that movement.
I think,what you need to work on,is the accuracy of the antenna pointing in the correct direction of the satellite as it passes overhead.Try to use a stepper motor for the antenna,which has a lesser step angle,than the one you are currently using.That should give you better accuracy and probably,no fluctuations as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back