Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

speed control of 3 phase induction motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

friendshipomar

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to control speed of a 3 phase induction motor ( rating: KW=2.2, rpm=1410). So I need some help.( Please help me if you can. It is imergenchy)

1. What technique is efficient in PWM control, a) using triac b) IGBT

2. The disadvantage & comparison of both a) using triac b) IGBT

3. And kindly anyone give me a link of complete theses paper in which the hole process of speed control of 3phase induction motor with microcontroler programming In microC are given.
My email is: friendshipomar@gmail.com

The classic way of changing the speed of a three phase motor is by changing the frequency of the mains supplied to it. This is done by converting the incoming mains into DC and applying it via IGBTs as PWM. Search for VFD (variable frequency drive) with Google.
Frank

Inrush current of Induction motor is 8x full load at rated speed.

As speed increases slip reduces from 100% to 10% and thus eddy current losses reduce.

To control speed with a index sensor, can use 3 phase Triac bridge for phase control with the understanding of current changes and back EMF need for diodes and snubbers.

Changes in load adds a disturbance to control loop for which frequency response of speed sensor and control loop must be designed.

The most efficient method is variable AC or VFD but also most expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back