Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

beeper selection on wearable device, water proof, small

Status
Not open for further replies.

huanmateme

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings,

I am trying to build a wearable device like Jawbone or Nike FuelBand. It requires a beeper, which is small.
Anyone can give a recommendation on the beeper selection? And how to handle the water proof requirement of the beeper?

Thanks,
Jerry

I think any small microphone will do...
However, making the device waterproof will require sealing all holes from water/dust and unfortunately also sound...
If the product is intended to be mass produced - I'd test many beeper after I encapsulate them in the material the final wearable product is made of.

I think any small microphone will do...
However, making the device waterproof will require sealing all holes from water/dust and unfortunately also sound...
If the product is intended to be mass produced - I'd test many beeper after I encapsulate them in the material the final wearable product is made of.

Hi Shaiko,
Thanks for your quick reply.
Water proof vs sound proof is exactly the situation that is challenging me, now i think testing is the only way to find out the answer.

Thanks again for your help.

Jerry

You can seal the beeper with a thin but strong sheet of composite material - a thin piece of fiberglass or carbon fiber should transfer sound very good.

Hi,

what about a piezodisc.

The connection side should be inside a "box" in direction to your electronics.

piezo.jpg

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back