Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Simcom SIM900 - where can I download the firmware from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

idealpcsolutions

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

Please go easy on me here, I am new, and this is my first post

I have Simcom SIM900 module and want to upgrade the firmware to the latest version

I also understand there is special firmware that handles POP and SMTP e-mail - I am interested to try this also as I am struggling to login to my POP3 server using native SIM900 AT commands but that's another story

Where can I download the latest standard firmware and the special firmware from? - the Simcom website only seems to have documents for download - no firmware :-(

Hi,

I looked at that thread before I posted, it does not say where the software was downloaded from - it does state "Simcom vault" - but no URL is given
There must be an ftp server for Simcom

Thank You anyway for reply

There doesn't appear to be an official publicly accessible FTP site as a firmware repository available. However there are several unofficial sites which act as repositories for firmware packages for the SIMCOM line:

**broken link removed**

GPRS Shield(SIM900) Firmware Update

**broken link removed**

I suspect you may have to request a firmware update package from SIMCOM technical to obtain it directly from SIMCOM.

BigDog

I contacted SimCom direct and they supplied the latest firmware and flash tool :)

Hi
fortunatly or unfortunatly, I have your problem.
can you give me the latest firmware and flash tool.

Thank you very much
Best Regard

Status
Not open for further replies.