Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Sine wave inverter with pic16f72 and if2110

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have made this project complete & working fine :) but when inverter mode start showing 3 to 4 amp on zero load. i have test this circuit on transformer which was referred by imran brother Lahore.

hmmm 3 to 4 amps on no load ,then this inverter will drain your battery within short time

someone please help,what is the ac voltage output from the feedback tapings of the inverter transformer, i want to know the ac voltage value to know how i can construct my own,or can i use a separate transformer as it is done with the 6 volts type? if yes what is the value of the transformer i can use?

Some people here said they build this circuit diagram of the inverter and works fine but in my own case i build it it only comes on for some seconds and go off

i made this working fine but backup is not good. :( may be transformer formula is incorrect.

I try to open "SINE_03 PCB File" but can not open. Please tell me which PCB design software used for "SINE_03 PCB File".

Sir, I am waiting for your kind replay.

Unfortunately the cad tool was never mentioned by the poster, but it's an old Protel design that can be imported with all versions of Altium Designer.

Yes that is Protel SCH 1.0 and Protel PCB 1.5

Hello every one, I made the inverter and is working fine,
But jf is charging the mosfet gets very hot.
Pls what could be the problem?

I use fb3307z mosfet, my design is 3kva.the mosfetr
and the three capastor 50v 4700uf gets very hot,
Pls what could be the problem.

To minimize Mosfets heating you can go with the mosfets with the lowest RDsOn on types , BUT still expect a good amount of heat as the charging topology itself is very heat generating due to losses associated .
Capacitors heating is due to 2 major reasons , first being there nearness to Heat Sinks (which can only be eliminated by more suitable placement) and the second reason is the ESR of the capacitors , so to have better results in terms of ESR .. instead of using 3 x 4700uF capacitors (in parallel) you can use 6 x 2200uF capacitors(in parallel).

To minimize Mosfets heating you can go with the mosfets with the lowest RDsOn on types

In addition to that, considering that most heatings on the push-pull topology occurs at the higher frequency mosfet pairs ( assuming 2 for mains frequency, other 2 for PWM frequency ), it is quite usual at runtime alternate their functions in order to avoid an unequal distribution of the heating, therefore spreading the average heat over all switching devices. To illustrate that, follows the working principle:
  • 1st half-cycle : Q1/Q2 higher frequency ; Q3/Q4 lower frequency
  • 2nd half-cycle : Q3/Q4 higher frequency ; Q1/Q2 lower frequency
Code:
Q1	Q3

Q2	Q4

I am 100% sure that the original poster worry here is about Charging mode heating , during battery to Inversion process heating might not be that much .
In addition to that , even in charging mode only the lower Left/Right mosfets of H-Bridge will be heating too much as they are the main switching elements here , higher side Left/Right mosfets merely act as rectifiers (this topology uses internal inbuilt drain to source diodes as rectifiers ) so they may only gets normally heated.

Last edited:

Thanks every one,my inverter is working fine now.
The chg-Amp sensing was not controlling so I changed the
47k and put 100k and is controlling fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.