Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Switch mode supply for arc welder

Status
Not open for further replies.

kees52

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I need a inverter for a Mig/Mag machine wil wire feed, I have read this has to be a constant voltage source needed of 22/28 volts.

So correct me if I wrong.

the constant voltage source is a version of smps with voltage feedback to adjust voltage? wire feed speed take care of current.

the Tig constant current source has 80 volts and is a SMPS without any form of feedback just open loop with only current
setting (duty cycle blockwave).

thanks

kees

I would not recommend using SMPS in an application subjected to so agressive electric environment. Perhaps it would be better to adopt a simplest design, such as one based on linear power supply.

Why not? the most modern welders are inverters, and I do hobbie welding not a company or ship workplace.

regards

All modern TIG and MIG welders are SMPS.

Attachments

• welder 2.5KW ST micro 2 sw forward ap note EEKOL_2011MAY20_POW_AN_01-1.pdf
    987.2 KB · Views: 209

Status
Not open for further replies.