Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Variable voltage source generation using pic18f4520(5v and 30ma)

Status
Not open for further replies.

palakpatel6188

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need to provide 1V to 5V variable voltage to a device to control its operation. and we also want 30 mA.
I have triaed it using PWM and generated variable voltage but i didnt get the desired current.

I need to provide a up and down push button which should vary the output voltage from 1 volt to 5 volts.

What is the the practical method with common components? PWM possible? p.PNG

I can handle a PIC well. But hardware? If We use PWM how to smooth it using op-amp or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

If you use PWM you'll need to use an RC filter. It depends on how much ripple you can tolerate. Some PICs have Digital-to-analog converters-you could use one of those. Or use an external DAC.

I just noticed, you actually ARE using a DAC. So, why are you talking about PWM?

You can simply do with using DAC. MCP4716 I2C based DAC 5 V output, 25 mA output..

Status
Not open for further replies.