Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with a switcher and LDO. lmr62014 + LT1761

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahgu

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a circuit that require 15Vdc, I used LMR62014 (1.6MHz) initially. The circuit run okay, except the noise a little high.
so I put a LT1761 after LMR62014. Changed the LMR62014 Vout to 16vdc, and LT1761-byp to 15v.

I notice the LT1761 Voutput has ripple triangular voltage, several hundred hertz, magnitude about several hundred millivolts.

I thought it is the LDO issue, changed the bypass cap to tantalum, added 0.5ohm in series with the output, but nothing helped.

Anyway, I need 15vdc with 10mA of low noise voltage supply, I don't have to use the above switcher, anyone please recommend.

thank you
ahgu

What is your input voltage limited to? Why not use a LM7815. Its voltage regulation is at least better than the several hundred millivolts you said your getting now. Plus you can clean it up a bit after the fact... I guess I'd need a bit more information, such as your input source, output requirements (amps, etc.), and maybe an idea what application this is going to be used for.

input is 5vdc
output is 15vdc
current needed is less than 10mA.

Status
Not open for further replies.