Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Notification Of Replies e-mails to threads I have replied to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioguru

Advanced Member level 7
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I noticed that all the Notification Of Replies e-mails to threads I have replied to went to my junk folder because they start with the word "bulk" like all the real junk e-mails I receive. So I told my e-mail program to save e-mails from this website in my inbox instead.
Then my e-mail program transferred hundreds of notifications from Junk to Inbox.
I did not look to see when it started.

I have AOL. All along my email has received similar notifications. They show up in the normal list.

One new thing I have noticed is sometimes a notification is called a linkback.

I must delete each email notification individually. I don't recall that any have gone into my spam folder.

Furthermore AOL keeps all my old emails at a backup depot somewhere. They would remain indefinitely, except that I deliberately delete the older ones.

This screenshot shows the problem I had/have:

Attachments

• Bulk EDA Board.png
    Bulk EDA Board.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 150

You can be pretty sure that neither advertizing spam mails nor Edaboard notifications have been originally preceeded by the word [Bulk]. It's apparently added by your mail provider.

I don't no if it's possibly an email header flag required for automated posts or has been derived from specific mail characteristics by the email server (e.g. multiple mails for different receivers have arrived in a certain time period).

I fear, it's probably nothing Edaboard that can influence. But the reaction should be programmable in your email settings. E.g. by using a white list.

I easily changed the settings of my e-mail so that EDA Board notifications go to my inbox. But I was shocked to see that previously many of them went to my Junk Pile.

Yes, that's pretty understandable. I wonder if the change was at Edaboard or your mail server?

Status
Not open for further replies.