Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

300W Push-Pull SMPS PWM Signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxplanck

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Fotoğraf0777.jpgFotoğraf0779.jpgControl Section.jpgHello friends,

I designed a 300W SMPS with Push-Pull Topologies.

Features:

Input Voltage: 220V AC/ 50Hz

Output Voltage: 30V/ 10 A

PWM IC : UC3825

However, I have a serious problem. Output voltage is normal. I can adjust with trimpot(feedback is normal), no problem. But UC3825 Pwm Out Signal's are very distorted. I have added pics. (OUTA and OUTB signals and Control Stage.)

(Oscilloscope pics features: 5 Volts/Div, 5 us/ Div)

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks,

Regards.

Your scope traces show ringing at 1 MHz. It starts out strong after a transition, then fades slightly until the next transition.

Is that the distortion you're talking about?

I think that, current sense pin (Ilim) signal of uc3825 has problem. When I turn off input ac supply, signals (pics of scopes) return normaly square wave, also signal of current sense pin return normally sawtooth (this event occur in 1-3 seconds and signals low zero). I used current transformer(1:100) for current sense.

Hello Friends,

I still work about push-pull with uc3825 and problem still continue. However, I have observed something. If I apply voltage 100VDC and less than, PWM out signals are excellent. But if I apply voltage greater than 100V DC, Pwm out signals are very distorted and duty time is decrease as the pics.

Is 100V a threshold for some component? Think, whether any device is set to do something different at 100V.

Do you have any P-devices whose gates could respond unexpectedly, depending on the supply voltage?

It looks as though there are additional sections of your project, which are not displayed in your schematic. You may need to test each section by itself, before hooking it up to other sections.

If the turn ratio of the transformer is wrong and there are more turns in output coil than needed then it will produce higher voltage level in output. The feedback circuit will try to regulate it by reducing duty cycle and you will see a narrow pulse of PWM output especially when there is no load present.

Status
Not open for further replies.