Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

External Circuit attached with PIC16F877

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecaits

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Friends,

I am working on PIC16F877 project. I am using ADC and taking the signal from sensor and giving it to analog pin.
I am preparing the circuit in which I am considering the four point given below.

1. When sensor is short, at that time I am getting 0mV and I can declare that Sensor is fail in program.
2. When sensor is open, at that time I will get some noise from atmosphere and I will reduce it to 0mV by resistor so that I can declare it as sensor is fail.
3. When accidentally, I will get over voltage (any voltage > +5) at analog pin, I will reduce it to approx 5 V by using the zener diode connected to pin and ground and by sensing the +5V at pin I can declare that sensor giving over voltage.
4.When accidentally, I will get reverse voltage (any voltage < 0 or any negative voltage) at analog pin, I will reduce it to zero voltage through zener diode and Controller will sense 0 voltage so at that case I can declare in my program that sensor is fail.

When sensor is working normally, at that time I will get voltage 0-5V and I want to give it to analog pin without any voltage drop or minimum voltage drop.

I have prepared a circuit, attached in file but it is not working properly.

Please suggest me that how can I solve it.

Thank you,

Attachments

• 20140827_142449.jpg
    20140827_142449.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

what happens? does the PIC ADC read 0, 0xFFFF, etc?
have you put a voltmeter on the PIC ADC input pin to check if the sensor is working correctly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.