+ Post New Thread
    Member level 4
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

External Circuit attached with PIC16F877

Dear Friends,

I am working on PIC16F877 project. I am using ADC and taking the signal from sensor and giving it to analog pin.
    I am preparing the circuit in which I am considering the four point given below.

1. When sensor is short, at that time I am getting 0mV and I can declare that Sensor is fail in program.
    2. When sensor is open, at that time I will get some noise from atmosphere and I will reduce it to 0mV by resistor so that I can declare it as sensor is fail.
    3. When accidentally, I will get over voltage (any voltage > +5) at analog pin, I will reduce it to approx 5 V by using the zener diode connected to pin and ground and by sensing the +5V at pin I can declare that sensor giving over voltage.
    4.When accidentally, I will get reverse voltage (any voltage < 0 or any negative voltage) at analog pin, I will reduce it to zero voltage through zener diode and Controller will sense 0 voltage so at that case I can declare in my program that sensor is fail.

When sensor is working normally, at that time I will get voltage 0-5V and I want to give it to analog pin without any voltage drop or minimum voltage drop.

I have prepared a circuit, attached in file but it is not working properly.

Please suggest me that how can I solve it.

Thank you,
    Last edited by ecaits; 27th August 2014 at 10:41.
    Nirav

•   AltAdvertisement

Advanced Member level 5
    Achievements:
    7 years registered

Helped
    598 / 598
    Level

Re: External Circuit attached with PIC16F877

what happens? does the PIC ADC read 0, 0xFFFF, etc?
    have you put a voltmeter on the PIC ADC input pin to check if the sensor is working correctly ?

•   AltAdvertisement

Banned

Helped
    538 / 538
    Level

Re: External Circuit attached with PIC16F877

Post your code.

--[[ ]]--