Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] How to know which electronic circuitry requires which electronic components

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrbob93

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing college projects of embedded system.

i am at beginner level in hardware, at some stage of hardware implementation i used to download the circuit diagram of a particular project.

but i don't know why a particular grading of transistor or diode is used with the circuitry i just copy it.

how to know why a particular diode or transistor or MOSFET etc is used in a particular circuitry.

how to know these kind of basics?

You need to learn about the basics of electricity and electronics to understand how a diode or transistor works and how to design a circuit using them.
Many of us learned it in high school then learned more details in university.

Download the book called "The Art Of Electronics".

but i don't know why a particular grading of transistor or diode is used with the circuitry...
There are two aspects:
1) The limits of the device. e.g. each type of transistor has maximum ratings for voltage, current and power dissipation.
2) The characteristics you need. e.g. different transistors have different current gain, noise etc.
All that info is in the device's datasheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.