Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Learning SoC architectures

Status
Not open for further replies.

vreg

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Can someone suggest how to learn about SoC architectures. I have learnt about computer architecture (that is taught in college, based on the MIPS processor) but I'm interested in learning how the entire system is integrated on the chip, like how DSPs, GPUs, sensors, display controllers, wireless connectivity, etc. is embedded on the chip and how the different components communicate/interact with each other or the environment.

Well,the SoC means System On Chip. The only field in real life let you touch the SoC technique is FPGA. With FPGA,you can build your own IP core, connect one with another,or operate with other complex cores.My teacher developed a simple PC with CPU,DDR SDRAM,Internal High Speed communication bus.
So,here if you want to learn more about SoC, go to do some FPGA work. It will guide you.

Reactions: vreg

vreg

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Is there any online literature to learn about SoC design? If I decide to go with FPGAs I still need to have an understanding of the architecture,like how the busses,memory,peripheral controllers,cpus,dsps,etc. work (alone and together) to do any prototyping

Reactions: vreg

vreg

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back