Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VLSI is a field of the past as far as job growth is concerned. Is that true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankit.goel23

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Well i know that chip size has reduced to a great extent.
If its true then which field is presently in demand?

It may not be as great now as it was a few years before. Nothing to do with chip size.But it is definitely a very challenging industry to work in. Lots of learning..

It may not be as great now as it was a few years before. Nothing to do with chip size.But it is definitely a very challenging industry to work in. Lots of learning..

Will it be wise if i choose my career in VLSI?
Well i'll complete my bachelor's degree in electronic n communication next year.

Like many things, rumors of death are exaggerated. Analog
was "dead" when I moved over to it from digital back in the
early '80s, and yet I've done pretty well at it for the 25+
years since.

If you think something is going to replace it, then if you know
what, jump on that. But I haven't seen anything cued up to
replace morefastercheaper except evenmorefastercheaper.

My opinion is, however, that the fringes are more interesting
and likely more rewarding than the middle.

VLSI won't die. But as far as career opportunity... I think embedded programming is more promissing. Especially in niche fields. For example: motor control, video, image processing, voice recognition, etc...

VLSI is getting saturated and may be after 5 years , things will be totally different.

If you look in last 10 years , We moved from 180nm to 28 nm .. and if you go beyond this then technology will be more costly instead of getting cheaper as it used to be.

There are new technology coming in future which may replace some of present technology.

Rahul

Last edited by a moderator:

VLSI is getting saturated and may be after 5 years , things will be totally different.

If you look in last 10 years , We moved from 180nm to 28 nm .. and if you go beyond this then technology will be more costly instead of getting cheaper as it used to be.

There are new technology coming in future which may replace some of present technology.

Rahul

If not VLSI which field should i choose after my btech?

its your interest .. embedded will be good choice as hardware will be running based on firmware , now hardware is getting reduced and complex algos are implemented in firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back