Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

advantech fanless computers and port considerations

Status
Not open for further replies.

elecfan

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All
I am facing a problem in connecting VGA, com and USB connectors to my advantech UNO-2178 computer.
the problem is that after connecting the mentioned connectors, the V- and field ground terminals get shorted.

any idea if this is a hardware problem ? from the connectors or from the computer?

Best regards

Are you sure you are using the proper cables internally?

I've occasionally had similar issues with other SBCs, peripheral cables and enclosures.

I had an Ampro SBC with PC/104 interface with an additional Ampro VGA PC/104 board in an Ampro enclosure.

At some point, I had to upgrade the Ampro VGA PC/104 board to one which supported a higher monitor resolution.

I replaced older board with another newer Ampro VGA PC/104 board plugged back in the internal VGA cable running to VGA connector on the outside of the enclosure, plugged back in the VGA monitor and powered back up the system.

Immediately the newly install Ampro VGA PC/104 board burned up.

Needless to say, the new Ampro VGA PC/104 board required the replacement of the internal VGA cable as well, even though both were Ampro.

BigDog

all the cables and kept just one (USB or VGA)
I see the same problem with both cables.

when I plug them in, the V- and ground get shorted.

this connects all the V- wires together and to the ground.

best regards
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back