Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help design a video system with multiple cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahgu

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to read data from several camera and dump them into either high speed USB or Giga-E.
Total Camera bandwidth 140Mb/s

Cameras--FPGA---RAM(at least 16Mb)
MCU with USB+GIGAE.

One way is to use FPGA for everything including USB and GIGAE, but I have to write too much verilog code.
I want to use the MCU that already has USB/GIGE feature, so FPGA put the data into RAM and MCU send it out through USB/GIGE. The problem is how does the MCU interface with the RAM? What is the optimal way?
Seems it must go through FPGA so the read/write does not interfere. MCU has 16bit DDR1,2 interface logic. The RAM does not have dual interface like FIFO. right?

Thank you

I want to use the MCU that already has USB/GIGE feature, so FPGA put the data into RAM and MCU send it out through USB/GIGE. The problem is how does the MCU interface with the RAM? What is the optimal way?
I do not get the part where you say FPGA put the data in RAM and send it out through USB/GIGE.Please give some more details about that..

This is all too vague. How many cameras? What standard are they? How do you get the camera data into ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back