+ Post New Thread
    Full Member level 3

Helped
    1 / 1
    Level

Help design a video system with multiple cameras

I need to read data from several camera and dump them into either high speed USB or Giga-E.
    Total Camera bandwidth 140Mb/s

Cameras--FPGA---RAM(at least 16Mb)
    MCU with USB+GIGAE.

One way is to use FPGA for everything including USB and GIGAE, but I have to write too much verilog code.
    I want to use the MCU that already has USB/GIGE feature, so FPGA put the data into RAM and MCU send it out through USB/GIGE. The problem is how does the MCU interface with the RAM? What is the optimal way?
    Seems it must go through FPGA so the read/write does not interfere. MCU has 16bit DDR1,2 interface logic. The RAM does not have dual interface like FIFO. right?

Thank you

•   AltAdvertisment

Full Member level 5
    Helped
    40 / 40
    Level

Re: Help design a video system with multiple cameras

I want to use the MCU that already has USB/GIGE feature, so FPGA put the data into RAM and MCU send it out through USB/GIGE. The problem is how does the MCU interface with the RAM? What is the optimal way?
    I do not get the part where you say FPGA put the data in RAM and send it out through USB/GIGE.Please give some more details about that..

•   AltAdvertisment

Advanced Member level 5
    Achievements:
    7 years registered

Helped
    1997 / 1997
    Level

Re: Help design a video system with multiple cameras

This is all too vague. How many cameras? What standard are they? How do you get the camera data into ram?

--[[ ]]--