Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Potentiometer are not drivng Nylon wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosh Debalina

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I have designed oneembedded sytem ,where one programmed microcntroller is driving Hbridge L298n. The Vs (4th pin of L298n) has been given as 9 volt.I have used potentiometer to get aroung 6volt to drine the nylon.But while connnecting thorugh [potentiometer,it is not driving the nylon, but while connecting thorugh L298n driver directly by giving 6 volt ,the nylon wire is working fine. Can you please help me to resoklve this problem??

How much current is available from the voltage divider you apparently have constructed? What are the resistance values and current needed?

You give very limited information on what you are actually doing. Assuming you are trying to run a variable speed DC motor, a better approach would be to use PWM from the MCU to control a power source (e.g., via mosfets) and not use a voltage divider.

John

When i am connecting through potetiometer, no current is showing. only when directly connected with 298n driver, it is showing 0.5amp.what should i do?

Please post your circuit and code.

John

nylon test.jpg

Please look at it and give feedback for right approach. I have tried to use the potenntiometer as variable resister, then also no current is showing in multimeter. quite confused.

Do you know Ohm's Law? How can a 10 kOhm pot drive 0.28 A from 5 V?
What is the "nylon wire"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back