Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery holder mount and unmound solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctzof

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I want to create a new board that contains a battery cell 2032. I am going to use one of the standard battery holders like this one https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/BAT-HLD-001/BAT-HLD-001-ND/1577235.

The thing is that I want to be able to mount and unmount the battery and the holder from the board. So is there something like an SMD holders just for the pins of the battery holder so that can be mounted and unmounted. My main problem is that battery holder is to thick for some some applications so I want to have the ability to remove it. On the same time this is going to be commercial product so I want to be able to remove the holder by hand and not with re-soldering. Thanks.

Molex provides terminals and connectors in various shapes and sizes.

I imagine you would want two small clips that accept the small positive and negative tabs on a battery holder. They would need to be at a precise spacing. Perhaps you would recess them into the circuit board?

It will be difficult to make the contacts secure, so that power is smooth and uninterrupted. And there is a risk in making a commercial product which can be tampered with by customers.

Molex provides terminals and connectors in various shapes and sizes.

I imagine you would want two small clips that accept the small positive and negative tabs on a battery holder. They would need to be at a precise spacing. Perhaps you would recess them into the circuit board?

It will be difficult to make the contacts secure, so that power is smooth and uninterrupted. And there is a risk in making a commercial product which can be tampered with by customers.

This is exactly what I want. I know it would be difficult to create this connection due to problems you have mentioned. I was hoping it would be an already made solution for this purpose in the market but it seems there isn't. Thanks for the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back