Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MEAN WELL RD-125-1224 very loud inductor work, dropping out voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

bremenpl

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there,
I have 2 DC converters (model nr in the topic name) that dont work and they both act the same way. The iductor make a really uncomfortable sound and the output voltage keeps dropping (it looks like a capacitor would be charged). I replaced some caps but that havent solved the issue.

Here i attach a video that shows exacly whats happening. I would aprichiate any tips in repairing those DC adapters!
PS: You have to turn up the volume because the inductor sound is not very well heard.

I guess you are operating the power supply outside specified range. Did you notice the minimal output current specification in the datasheet? Did you try with higher load current?

I guess you are operating the power supply outside specified range. Did you notice the minimal output current specification in the datasheet? Did you try with higher load current?

I didnt because what would be the use of a DC converter if it could not run without load?
Without any load at all it does act the same as on the video :/

what would be the use of a DC converter if it could not run without load?
The question should be passed to Meanwell. I was just referring to the datasheet.

I understand. Tommorow at work i will try it out with some small value resistor.

Posted via Topify on Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back