Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] Turntable KENWOOD KD 44-R

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreidaniel

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello! I bought a Kenwood turntable KD 44-R (direct drive). Works very fine, no speed fluctuations etc..soft start, soft soft and autoreturn arm. It has a problem: when you want to move the arm..even you want to fine push 1mm with hand or even with something of plastic, makes a noise somehow like you scratch the chasis or ground with an iron. I cannot identify the problem.. The only iron moving parts are a lever and a ball with drives a plastic lever.. Can be solved this problem? I even tried to clean the moving ax (axis) of the arm with spray contact but no results.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some photos with the mecanics:

zwdy[1].jpg

b1l5l[1].jpg

ixsf[1].jpg

f4b3o[1].jpg

rrslk[1].jpg

5xi2[1].jpg

vv14[1].jpg

w1up8[1].jpg

a4ak[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

It appears the mechanism under the arm bearings is only used when 'auto return' is activated so if you exclude that from the possibilities, only the arm pivot itself seems able to create the friction needed to make the noise.

I suggest you clearly mark the position of the arm shaft relative to other parts then dismantle it and remove the bearings. Clean them, lubricate if necessary then put it back together again.

Brian.

However the problem was solved long time ago by me,even if I didn't have at that time the manual. The ball (last picture) made all the friction. I used a mechanics spray and the problem was solved. Now I bought the manual to have the electronic diagram of the phono in case when something will not work properly. However I decided to posted on the Internet on many forums (where is possible to save) because is not so easy to find or to buy it by someone. The power switch is the same as a car radio-tape switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back