Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Charging Time for a 6V 7Ah Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

tutul1717

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My son has a ride on car. It has a 6 V 7 Ah battery. For charging this battery I use a 7.5 V 1000 mAh charger. Pls tell me how long I will have to charge this battery by this charger (as the charger is 7.5 V). Usually I charged it for 2.5 hours and it was not bad to operate the car (run smoothly minimum 30-40 min). But I would like to know the exact charging time so that the battery will remain okay.

Thanks

Assuming your battery is Lead Acid chemistry - the charging curve should be constant (as far as I remember).
At 1Ah, I assume it'd take around 7 hours.

The charging time depends on how much the battery was discharged.
Do you operate the car until the battery is so weak that the car does not go? Then a charge will take about 7 hours and the battery will be damaged by being discharged too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back