Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LNA design check. Not not straight RF tracks. Design mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

w1ne

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone! Please check my LNA pcb design. I have used Fabio's Baltieri design as a basis https://fabiobaltieri.com/2014/06/22/lna/, with added ability to use bias-tee or external power adapter with the same board.
But one thing bothers me. Not straight main signal track on the LNA pcb. Is it acceptable to use such tracks?
LNA must be wideband, 50-2200Mhz.
Are there any other RF-design mistakes? I am a newbie in this field.
Thank you!
LNA.jpg

I think your design is correct. The reason for the signal line is not straight is the need for many via holes around it.
PLease add two 0.1 uF capacitors to ground to the connections of "DC pass " wire, otherwise it may cause your LNA to oscillate.

You should also have to check the impedance of the line. It should be most probanly 50 ohms and it depends on the material you choose to build your board and can be altered by changing the width of your line. There are few free calculators that can help you calculate this ( **broken link removed**). You can also add more vias in the board in a more random way, they create as more solid ground for your board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back