Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with linear motor, magnetization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, attached is a picture of a cylinder magnet moving in and out of a coil, in a linear AC generator configuration.
Below it, there are 3 possible configurations for the magnetization of the magnet (axially/diametrically/radially).
Which of the 3 configurations will produce more voltage on the coil, assuming same motion, magnet mass and magnet strength conditions for all three of them?

Attachments

• mot.png
    mot.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 94

Hi,

use the first.
theoretically you will see no voltage with 2 and 3.

klaus

Reactions: neazoi

neazoi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

use the first.
theoretically you will see no voltage with 2 and 3.

klaus

I was instructed by a physics guy to use something like the attached schematic. I am also showing the magnetic field lines short of.
It uses a magnet with NS-SN-NS, which will reverse the field four times per pass.
But I do not get it how this would produce more voltage. I think that this configuration will produce greater frequency AC not greater voltage. I thought that greater voltage could be produced only by increasing the speed of the moving magnet or the coil turns only.

Please advise me.

Attachments

• mot2.png
    mot2.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 86

Hi,

The greater frequency may cause a greater voltage. But in the NS SN configuration i have no clue about magnetic field strength...

It's interesting. Try it and post the results please.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back