Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad PSpice 16.5 ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manolis Grifoman

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys! I have a problem. I am using PSpice to simulate single electron transistors. I have the single electron library and all that. I made a circuit that has junctions. The junctions have resistance and capacity. My simulation doesn't recognize resistance as a parameter, only the capacity. So in the simulation log it pops "ERROR(ORPSIM-15113): Model 1e9 used by J_J1 is undefined". J_J1 is my junction. And 1e9 is the parameter I put to the resistance of this junction... It just can't recognise it. Any thoughts? :thinker:

You seem to be using J device which is reserved for JFETS in Pspice.
If you are having internal subckt for J1, use "X" instead of "J".

It would be easier to point out if you can post your netlist.

Oh it's ok. I fixed it. It turns out the extention I was using (SECS simulator) for PSpice, needed Matlab for the simulation. Is there a chance to explain to me why the nodes are so important? I thought the nodes were where 3 or more wires meet. But I see that sometimes the simulator needs a node between a source and a junction and similar situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back