Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is mega functional cell in Standard Cell library development?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anirbanphys

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is mega functional cell used in Standard Cell Library development? What is the functionality of this particular cell architecture and for which purpose it is used?

like or/and/xor combinaison with 4-6 inputs.

like or/and/xor combinaison with 4-6 inputs.

I guess the functionalities are not like simple and, or etc gates (any combinational structures). They are sequential and only what I know is multi bit flops they are.

A flop is not a functional cell, is a memory element.

Yes flops are memory elements, but they are used in std. cell library development. And what I mentioned, what I know is Mega Cells are like multibit flops. Apart from this whenever we need infomation about a cell/model for combinational or sequential elements we basically ask the FUNCTIONALITIES from the owner. May be there are other words but we are used to (and the persons with whom I talked they also say the same) talk in this way.
Thanks for your help :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back