Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gyrosocope sensitivity calculation and conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

crys

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,

I am currently searching for some MEMS Gyro and ACC to replace some old ones. I am having a little bit of a problem in calculating sensitivity. Specifically i want to convert between unit/LSB and LSB/unit and back. An example would be :

For two gyroscope
At 500 dps with 8.75 mdps/digit sensitivity

At 500 dps with 65.5 LSB/(degrees/s) sensitivity

I want to convert the second sensitivity value into mdps/digit ( i am assuming digit = LSB) in order to compare the two.

Thank you in advance for your response and sorry if this is a noob question.

Hi , If you have not find answer to your query...
"At 500 dps with 8.75 mdps/digit sensitivity" => surely you means at Full-Scale 500...
in above case :
you multiply the raw data of the register with 8.75 and you get data converted to XYZ mdps ( 8.75 * raw data of gyro registers)

for At 500 dps with 65.5 LSB/(degrees/s) sensitivity

you multiply the raw data of the register with (1/65.5) and you get data converted to ABC dps ( (1/65.5) * raw data of gyro registers = )
hence your assumption digit = LSB is correct..

Status
Not open for further replies.