Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubts on harmonics, first order harmonics,2nd order harmonics, 1st order power

Status
Not open for further replies.

raju_kambar

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Sir,
What is the meaning of harmonics.
What is first order harmonics , is third order harmonics.
What is even order and odd order harmonics.
What is fundamental order harmonics
What is the fundamental power
What is the third order power.
Can you anybody explain me in detail.

Dear Sir,
If I google it, I can get the answer. But I need experienced answer from you.You are all well experienced in the many fields, you will give satisfaction answer. I may get the many definition from google search, but I can't get the satisfactory answer from those definition.
Please you can share experience with those points of posting #1.

Dear Sir,
Can you justify someone points discussed in the posting #1

Every signal will be a mixture of one or more frequency components (it might be even zero for DC signals)
Those frequency components will be in Harmonics(i,e multiples) of fundamental frequency.In some cases it is important know about the strength of signal in each harmonic.
For example higher strength of second harmonic is undesirable in some power amplifiers,so if we can know the signal strength in second harmonic we can estimate its effect or measures to reduce it.
In electronic communications spectral efficiency is also important ,therefore Power measurement in each harmonic is essential.

If you learn English then you will know the words "even" and "odd". Second, fourth, sixth etc. are even. Third, fifth, seventh etc. are odd.

A pure sinewave has no harmonics, it is the fundamental frequency only.
An amplifier stage with a sinewave input but has even harmonics added to the output has unsymmetrical gain so that the positive excursions or the negative excursions of the waveform are compressed.
An amplifier stage with a sinewave input but has odd harmonics added to the output has symmetrical compression of the output.

Sir,
I agree with you, every signal has a mixer of one or more frequency components.
Why do we need to do suppress the harmonics and what is the use of harmonic suppression.
Can't we have only fundamental frequency without harmonics.
Is it possible to avoid completely harmonics in design of RF Bandpass filter.
How harmonics are effecting to the communication.

I did not know that you are talking about RF.
Harmonics of a radio transmitter signal cause interference on all the harmonic frequencies.
Harmonics are usually filtered out with an LC tuned circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back