Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to remove component outline from bottom soldermask in orcad pcb editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstoption

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good day to all,
Please I need your support and guide on how to solve this Problem.I am using Orcad Pcb Editor 16.0 for my circuit design.After completing the layout,i generated the Gerber files and sent it to the company that will produce the Board but the Company sent a message to me that my Bottom Soldermask contain Component Outline.I was asked to remove the component outline from the bottom soldermask because the presence of Component Outline in the Bottom Soldermask will expose the copper track.
My problem now is that i do not know how to remove the component outline from the bottom soldermask.My Bottom Soldermask Folder contains the following classes/Sub classes:
1-via class/soldermask bottom
2-pin/soldermask bottom
3Package Geometry/soldermask bottom
4-DRC Error class/soldermask bottom
5-Board Geometry/soldermask bottom
I would be very grateful if somebody could guide me on how to solve this Problem.Thank you for the usual Support.
Best regards.

HI,
check the component outline,it should be assembly top or silkscreen top.i think your component outline contain above you mention in any one of class /subclass.first find out the component outline class and then change into package geometry/assembly top or silkscreen top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back