Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

switching to arm microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool.man

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys
I am working on PIC microcontrollers from several years.Now want to move on ARM microcontrollers.
I studied on the internet and found that there are many companies which are developing ARM microcontrollers.
ARM has series like CORTEX-A,CORTEX-R,CORTEX-M,SECURECORE.
CORTEX-M can be used for general purpose microcontroller.
Also on the ARM there are two Software Development tools "ARM Development Studio 5" & "Keil MDK-ARM". Keil MDK-ARM has its different versions.

Kindly Guide me which series and microcontroller i choose for starting and which software tool i use for developing the program.

I think CORTEX M-3 based ARM is best option for the ARM beginners,
LPC1768 is one which supports CORTEX M-3 architecture,
you have plenty of examples on LPC1768.

Hi guys
I am working on PIC microcontrollers from several years.Now want to move on ARM microcontrollers.
I studied on the internet and found that there are many companies which are developing ARM microcontrollers.
ARM has series like CORTEX-A,CORTEX-R,CORTEX-M,SECURECORE.
CORTEX-M can be used for general purpose microcontroller.
Also on the ARM there are two Software Development tools "ARM Development Studio 5" & "Keil MDK-ARM". Keil MDK-ARM has its different versions.

Kindly Guide me which series and microcontroller i choose for starting and which software tool i use for developing the program.

STM32 Cortex M3 from STMicroelectronics + KEIL in demo version is a good start. Plus a cheap $10 discovery board. I learned that way.
DON'T try with Freescale. They don't even have decent CMSIS libraries for peripherals (not without forcing you to use their RTOS).

Reactions: dizgah

dizgah

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
from where i can find the DISCOVERY BOARD and what it offers?

Guys tell me any book of ARM microcontroller using keil for beginners.
I have searched but find advanced level books.

I would suggest you STM32F4 Discovery board, bacause it's cheap and powerful.

Then, for first time use Coocox or EM Blocks as IDEs, Coocox uses GCC compiler.

yeah,you can learn the STM32 for your ARM switch,because it have more source such learning example,develoment board and soon。
but you can also select the NXP,it's similar with the ST.

hi
I think the STM32 is the best choice,It is very rich in resources, both libraries, examples, development board. Its price is very cheap, very suitable for use in the project.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.