Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Scratched Circuit Board, how to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hifidiaries

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
So excited to be here with you all. I have a heavy background in Aerial drone tech, and am in the middle of learning circuitry, with having been into electronics for over 2 decades.

Here is a picture of a board I slipped and scratched off part of the circuitry. Is this fixable? Cheers for any help on this.
Chris

Attachments

• circuit whoops.jpg
    circuit whoops.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 627

Easily,
use a sharp scalpel to scrape enough of the green solder resistt off the damaged track either side of the break, thenjust solder a thin wire across the gap.

A Flux pen will make it go better.

Regards, Dan.

That's a pretty wide trace, looks like 30 mil if the narrow ones are 6 mil traces. Is it a power trace? If so I'd use more than a thin 22 gauge wire across the gap.

Did you check continuity across the gap? Looks more like you abraded all the solder mask off and some of the copper trace.

Regards

Scrape a tad more solder resist, solder both tracks, then tin some stripped wire wrap wire 28-30 AWG,

- Bonding the wires should be instant (<3s)

- you can use tweezers or hemostat to gently sink the heat while you solder the other end. or similar way.

- tweezers which will drain the heat.

- snip the wire flush to the joint with the right tools. THe bridge wire length can be 1/4" 5mm

- There should be no exposed copper tracks.

Treat it like any ECN using "ECN wire" or 30 guage wire. If flattened would be as wide as this track.

Tony.

p/s/ I found this helpful repair guide. Only strip as much solder resist and you need to solder. Which can be quite short if neatly done.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back