Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is "Arduino shield" style board on board connector poor design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuppe

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm working on an automotive part, that needs a board on board connector. I don't need any fast speed or anything like that, just 20 pcs of reliable digital IO.

A while ago I decided to go with the Arduino type shield connection, with just general purpose single row headers. Now I'm starting to wonder, if it's any good. I haven't seen it in any product.
I was planning to wrap the thing together with few cable ties.

Do you think it might be maybe a bit retarded choice to a car, which is constantly beaten on the road? Which would you recommend? Would a double row header be essential for a reliable connection?
I'm producing 5-20 units, for unit cost of 30$. I wouldn't want a 10$ connector on that, if it isn't 100% essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back