Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Password text box problem on edaboard website

Status
Not open for further replies.

snishanth512

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sometimes when I enter my username and password in the text boxes, found the following problem (which is seen at the top of website).

Password is visible at the text box instead of each character replaced by a dot.

As a result, I always click on login button.

I enter my username and password which doesn't have this problem.

Which worries me a bit.

I hope this problem will be fixed.

I've not experienced that issue, I frequently use Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Opera browsers.

What browser are you using when you experience this issue?

Can you post a screen capture and post it here?

BigDog

password_problem.jpg

In the JPEG picture attached, the password field has "asdasdiew" text (which should be in black dots).

I performed some tests on Crhome and Firefox, but could not replicate the event mentioned.

+++

may be this happens due to slow internet connection and enter username and password before loading/running some script in the login area

You may wait for fully loaded the page and try it again.

I hope once the web page fully loaded then you can see word "user name" and "password" should be disappearing when you click the text boxes.

I ran a quick test, by typing repetitively a "x" character while the page was not fully loaded, and It happened exactly as bassa had supposed.

typing.PNG

+++

@Andre

Interesting, you must be a lightning fast typist? :grin:

I certainly do not have a particular fast Internet connection, 12Mb, and by the time I select the password box the page is fully loaded.

@snishanth512

What type of Internet connection and connection speed do you have?

Has your browser been slow to startup, open a new tab or load pages?

What extensions or plugins do you have loaded into your browser?

BigDog

This test was done on a (theoretically) 54MB wireless network, but once on that ocasion I was located too far from the router antenna, the signal level became too weak, yielding a performance almost comparable to a telephony network.:wink:

I'm beginning to wonder if snishanth512 may have some browser malware like V9, AVG Search, etc installed.

I seen such browser malware slow the performance of a browser down to a crawl.

BigDog

Connection : 2 Mbps.

Chrome browser.

Yes, the connection is slow.

But password text box should not allow the user to enter the text.

password_1.jpg

In the above image, even though the website is partially loaded, the password text box doesn't show the characters which I entered.

Status
Not open for further replies.