Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buck converter topology change to boost converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

micaant

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

Although I have never made a post here I have been an avid reader of the forum for a few months. Id like to say thank you to Tahmid in particular with his insight on the IR2110 mosfet driver. I have used his guides to successfully make and refine few buck converters. Thanks for all the info!
Thanks to everybody else who contributes freely too. Many of us noobs would be lost without your helpful advice.

I was wondering if anybody could shed some light on the topology for a buck converter that i would like to convert into a boost converter?
According to what i have read it looks like i just need to swap the Vin and Vout. Surely it cant be that easy.

Cheers

Attachments

• Sheet1.pdf
    53.4 KB · Views: 141

According to what i have read it looks like i just need to swap the Vin and Vout. Surely it cant be that easy.
In case of a synchronous converter, as shown in your picture, it is that easy. The converter implements at bidirectional voltage conversion with a ratio according to the duty cycle. Why don't you try?

In case of a synchronous converter, as shown in your picture, it is that easy. The converter implements at bidirectional voltage conversion with a ratio according to the duty cycle. Why don't you try?

Thanks for your reply FvM
I would try it but I haven't built this particular circuit yet. Just ordered the board and was wondering if I could use it for a buck and a boost converter.

Thanks again:)

Status
Not open for further replies.