Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to burn a .hex file to Arduino Nano?

Status
Not open for further replies.

milan.rajik

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to burn a .hex file to Arduino Nano using AVRDUDESS ?

I burned Bootloader to Nano using AVRISP mk II and powering the Nano from a UNO R3. It worked. I burned a sketch and it also worked. I want to burn a .hex file generated from mikroC PRO AVR to NAno V3.0. How to do it using AVRDUDESS or any other method ?

The AVRDUDESS doesn't show the virtual COMx port used by AVRISP mkII and hence I am not able to burn the .hex file using it to Nano.

This example uses the USB port named /dev/ttyACM0. This is the same port that shows in the tools menu of the Arduino IDE. Use the name of the port that shows in your Adruino IDE Tools, Serial Port. This example is from a system running Linux. In windows the USB port usually has USB port name with a com#. This command assumes your nano has a 328 microcontroller.

avrdude -p atmega328p -F -P /dev/ttyACM0 -c arduino -U flash:w:Your_filename.hex

Thank you. I am using Windows and my issue is solved. I have used MegunoLink Pro add it is a wonderful program.

Status
Not open for further replies.