Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MAX7219 alternative for common anode

Status
Not open for further replies.

rompelstilchen

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

as there is a max7219 for common cathode, i was wondering why there were no equivalent for common anode 7 segments

i have a 3x7segments c.a. display so i wanted to make it work without monopolysing the cpu of my arduino

any advice?

thx

nice, but is there a ship with a regular serial interface (like 74hc595)
i had issues with i2c busses before
dont understand why they did not release a MAXxxxx for common anode

a single "old" pic like 16f84 or 16f628 and a small program inside and you're done with every situation you want
even 2 digits CA and 2 digits CC are possible this way !

yes but it needs a pic programmer

so far i tried the saa1064 and i am screwed as my 3X7segments have common anode and common catodes,
i mean by that they made a package with all leds tied together by row and by collumn

witch is not compatible with the 1064 wich means i'll have to buy another display...jeee why didnt they made this more simple

f@#k !!

thx anyways for the suggestion, i still can make a diy-pic-programmer, but i wanted to avoid that

I recently bought a cheap device to detect moving person. less than $10 shipped.
I want to switch a fan when someone is in the room, and stay for 5 mins.
the device does not do the 5 mins.
the simpliest way to do that is to insert a small 10F pic before the relay to do that
with a resistor and a capacitor it will not be precise enought, and I will need a big capacitor
you want a max7219, it is a chip, as is a pic !
if you want one more chip to deal with the display, if the max7219 is not suitable, then use a programmed pic or arduino !
you can even put an arduino mini you can buy 5 for $10 if you dont want to buy or make a pic programmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back