Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boost Converter upto 5KW output: 310V and 18A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piyar Ali

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the circuit Designing parameters for Boost Converter?
Input voltage:12/24/48V
output voltage: 310V
output current: upto 18A
Output Power: minimum 5KW
without transformer
with single inductor

Have you worked out the input current at 12V? Do you think a single boost stage will achieve it?

Orson.

What is the circuit Designing parameters for Boost Converter?
Input voltage:12/24/48V
output voltage: 310V
output current: upto 18A
Output Power: minimum 5KW
without transformer
with single inductor

Hi Piyar Ali

I afraid that i most disappoint you . it's not possible by using a simple boost converter , nevertheless boost converter will be so dissipative with your specifications . why you don't use H Bridge converter ?

Best Luck
Goldsmith

Reactions: Piyar Ali

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Piyar Ali

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I have 4 batteries having 12V voltage and 120A current.So the input volatge is 12V and current is 480A. I haven't worked on it.I have no idea and it seems very difficult that a single boost will achieve it.However the main task is to complete a boost converter upto 5KW(minimum) without transformer with 310V output.If you have any idea or helpful material please share it.

- - - Updated - - -

[quote source=goldsmith]
Hi Piyar Ali

I afraid that i most disappoint you . it's not possible by using a simple boost converter , nevertheless boost converter will be so dissipative with your specifications . why you don't use H Bridge converter ?

Best Luck
Goldsmith[/quote]

Hi
the main purpose of this project is to complete a boost converter upto 5KW(minimum) without transformer with 310V output.If you have any idea or helpful material please share it.

Hi
the main purpose of this project is to complete a boost converter upto 5KW(minimum) without transformer with 310V output.If you have any idea or helpful material please share it.
If you just want use boost converter ( just and just ) you must go for some boost converters in parallel ( but of course not the simple classical boost converter )
If you want make some of em in parallel you must imply master/ slave feedback as well ,

But such a project is highly unreasonable , i think .

Good luck
Goldsmith

As other posters have suggested, perform some mathematical calculations, or at least make a simulation and you may realize how unreasonable your request is.

I'll give you a hint....the problem will be the peak currents thru your switching devices.

Hello there, if you have 4 batteries at 12V each, why not put them in series? 48V to step up to 310?

At 5kW out, you will be drawing >105 amps from the batteries. Unless they are >500Ah, they will not last long...!

So you could have 3 interleaved boosters each drawing 35A (+ a bit for losses) at 75kHz each say, 120 degrees out of phase so that the current drawn from the batts looks more like DC, (and easier on the o/p caps - by the way the o/p caps will need to be close, low ESR/ESL & high quality!).

This could actually be made to work, we have designed similar boosters for solar power systems, good luck!

Regards, Anna.

Status
Not open for further replies.