Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Kalman Filter Implmentation in Line Follower Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

0123456rohit

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I am making a line follower robot with camera (resolution is 1*128) as a sensor. Please guide me on how to use Kalman filter in this so as to get best performance. Help required urgently!!!

From my experience, kalman filter use multiple input make prediction. By multiple input means it requires more than one sensor data to make the estimation. For example, the sensor is used along with gyro-sensor and accelerometer, then kalman filter maybe really helpful in that case. Anyway, assuming the black line only affect on 2-5 pixel, having 128 pixel is enough to line-follow. In this case, PID would be enough, though some work maybe required for tuning the pid.

Status
Not open for further replies.