Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect a dual coil relay ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stregoi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i am a very beginner in electronics, i am trying to make this circuit below. So when i push the first pushbutton, the motor should turn, and when i push the second push button the motor should turn in reverse.
as i can see from the schematics, they used a single coil DPDT, with 8 poles ( i think ) ... but i have a dual coil DPDT, with 10 poles ( TQ2-2L-5V ).
how can i use my DPDT relay instead of the one shown in the schmatics, i tried really, i cannot figure it out.
thanks
photo (7).JPG

and bellow is the diagram of TQ-2L-5v

TQ-2formC-2Coil.jpg

Attachments

• photo (7).JPG
    photo (7).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
  • photo (7).JPG
    photo (7).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Thank you for your answer Frank. i know how to connect the relay to get it switch between the two coils, and can get it working by it self with the motor.
My problem is when i hook it to the ULN2003, i just cannot get it work. i tried different approaches, i just can't figure out how to modify my circuit, an replace the single coil with my dual coil relay

If you have a spare section of your ULN2003, then use it as an inverter and to drive the "other" coil. So one coil goes 0->1, the other goes 1 ->0. Resistor from OP1 to IP2, with another resistor to earth to make sure the relay supply voltage does not overload the voltage rating for the ULN2003 input. Err or something like that.
Frank

If you have a dual coil it should be a bistable relay?! If so, you can't use the ULN2003(open collector type). What you need are two push-pull output stages to drive it, like described in here: https://ichaus.biz/wp8_whitepaper_en .

Enjoy your design work!

that sounds complicated, as mentioned in the begining i am really just a newbee in electronics. how can i change my original schematics to fit the new relay ?

You have a single coil relay The contacts are double-pole double-throw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back