Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best shock sensor for soccer/football game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain_Mainwaring

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am hoping to glean some experience from you guys regarding the best shock sensor to implement for a soccer/football game. I plan to have a white heavy fabric screen onto which I will project an image of a penalty kick. A people will kick a soccer ball against the screen and this will trigger a little video to be played of the ball going into the nets. However, I need to use a shock sensor on the back of the screen and I have no idea what is best in terms of robustness, size of shock, etc.

I guess most sensors are tuned to detect small shocks, but I need a sensor to detect a soccer ball hitting any part of the screen, but at the same time not being set off every time someone opens a door and the screen sways.

All advice from you guys is gratefully received.

Thanks,

George

You can find various accelerator sensors. I would advise to use one of anchor cables holding the screen, and for example a reed contact with a magnet attached to the cable. You can use a spring in the cable to allow magnet to move a half-an-inch or so.
You can adjust the sensitivity by trial. Any hit to the screen extends the cable (my be you have four) and moves the magnet from the reed contact. This will generate a pulse in the sense circuit.

- - - Updated - - -

To make sure any hit to any place on the screen activates your circuit, you can use four described contacts in all four anchor cables, and connect contacts in series.

Status
Not open for further replies.