Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Internet using ENC28J60 Ethernet controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi1488

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I have one application. I want to connect a device X to computer ( Any Computer ) using Internet.

The device is using ENC28J60 Ethernet controller. How I can do that??
Please help

- - - Updated - - -

For ex. I have a temperatuire controller with ENC28J60 controller, and it is connected to internet through modem. Now communication in internal LAN is working fine. How I can access this temperature controller remotely using Internet. I do not have access to MODEM settings.

if the modem has a TCP/IP stack you should be able using AT commands to connect to remote servers or (assuming that the modem has a IP address accessable from the internet) accept incomming TCP connections or UDP datagrams

Generally speaking, your router that connects the LAN to the internet must be configured for port forwarding.

The other prerequisite is that your internet provider assigns (dynamically) an unique public reachable IP to your router so that ingoing connections are possible. It's usually not the case in mobile (GSM) internet connections. In addition you need to utilize a dynamic DNS service or a similar method to inform the peer about your present IP address.

Thanks for the reply friends.

My device is connected through LAN. As I dont have access to Router, I cant go for port forwarding method.

Is it possible that I send data (from My device ) to some third party server and then any computer will access that data from that server? Is it possible, if yes , is there any such third party servers are available??

- - - Updated - - -

I have a little thing in mind that I am sharing with you guys, Like there are softwares for the computers which allows us to connect 2 computer through Internet for ex. Team Viewver. How it works?

- - - Updated - - -

My device is as I say a Temperature Controller with Ethernet connection. I want to provide a facility of monitoring that device over the Internet. As it is very general device, we cant go to clients place to change the router settings or like that. So it must be as simple as plug and play. Like we plug Ethernet plug to laptop and it connects to Internet and anyone can access it.

Teamviewer would be also my example how two internet connected devices can talk to each other using only outgoing connections. A server with public internet address and a dedicated server application are needed for it.

A legal way to implement the service for a product without abusing other servers would be to setup your own server or rent server capacity from a commercial provider.

Although people are talking a lot about the "internet of things" now, I think most industrial customers don't want their temperature controllers to establish unattended connections to the internet, for various reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back