Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Voltage Fan Control + High Voltage Surge

Status
Not open for further replies.

memarian

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
High Voltage Fan Control ( High Voltage Spikes,High Reliability)

Hello,

I'm building a Fan Control Circuit for controlling the speed of a 380V Fan.(380V RMS, ~540V Peak-max 150W) using a microcontroller.
My main circuit is something similar to this FreeScale Application note : https://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN3471.pdf
In my circuit, I have a different microcontroller, Optotriac and Triac. I can select the optotriac between MOC3082 or IL4208 (Both 800V).My main Triac will be BTA208X-1000 (1kv).
These components are currently used in our circuits and already available, so using them can be cost effective and more preferable than a new component unless we have to.

My Main problem is : This circuit will be used in an industrial place with working welding machines. Because of the effects of welding machines on main 3-Phase AC POWER, there is some spikes up to 1kv on AC-Line. I'm not sure if the optotriac can take this for long period and i couldn't find any 1kv optotriac. How can i protect the optotriac against these spikes? How can i increase my circuit's reliability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back