Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need working on silicon circuit of fast transient voltage regulator (LDO).

Status
Not open for further replies.

haykding

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need circuit of a fast transient voltage regulator with a small layout area (capacitor free) .
I've looked many papers about capacitor free low drop-out regulators but couldn't make decision which one to take for real design.
I want to know who was designed such a circuit and it worked on silicon ?

A shunt regulator has low dropout (LDO).

The low parts count should help in terms of speedy response.

This simulation shows how to obtain 12V with 2 percent regulation. The drop is only 1/4 V when the supply is 12V.

Some upstream resistance must be present. It can be unseen, or it can be installed.

what simulation software did you use above?
thank you very much!

This is Falstad's animated interactive simulator. Free to download and use at:
www.falstad.com/circuit

If you want to experiment with the shunt regulator above, click the link below. It will:

(1) Open the Falstad website,
(2) Load my schematic into his simulator, and
(3) Run it on your computer.

https://tinyurl.com/psyspy6

You'll probably want to use your own values. Change them by right-clicking a component, and selecting Edit.

Dropout is least when the input transistor is lowest. However notice that the transistor may then be asked to shunt more current than the load even draws. This is where the input resistor is needed, by increasing its value. But then regulation is not as tight. Everything is a compromise.

Thank you so much.your answer help a lot.

I need CMOS implementation on TSMC90 nm technology for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.