Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multìprócessìng in 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eshal

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello experts!

I need help here in regards with multiprocessing feature in 8051. I have found theory regarding this. But I need some working examples in assembly language but I am unable to find any pdf, ppt, doc, rtf, epub etc. Even not a single page with any example on this topic. Can you help me please???

Thanks in advance.

Ohh yes, thank you sir.

But I want to know about the connection diagram for the following question:
Send p1 data of mąster 8051 to p2 of Sląve#1.

How to draw its connection diagram? I know we must connect Tx pin of mąster with the Rx of the Sląve#1. But should I need to connect p1 of mąster with p2 of sląve?

thank you in advance.

As I understand,

Ohh yes, thank you sir.

But I want to know about the connection diagram for the following question:
Send p1 data of mąster 8051 to p2 of Sląve#1.

This is parallel data transmission using 8051 ports. You can connect Master P1 to Slave node P2, but you need to define node address in order send data to correct node.

How to draw its connection diagram? I know we must connect Tx pin of mąster with the Rx of the Sląve#1. But should I need to connect p1 of mąster with p2 of sląve?

thank you in advance.

In serial data transmission you need to connect Master Tx to slave RX and Salve Tx to Master Rx, this is serial data transmission.

Better you may select one communication for reduce complexity of programming

Reactions: Eshal

Eshal

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
which type of interface in between master and slave. there many kinda interface like I2c, SPI, and so on.

It is serial port interface(SPI) i.e. serial data transmission.

OK so I need these connections;
1) mąster's tx with sląve's rx and mąster's rx with slave's tx.
2) p1 of mąster with p2 of sląve.

Is these two connections I need sir?

This is parallel data transmission using 8051 ports. You can connect Master P1 to Slave node P2, but you need to define node address in order send data to correct node.
Yes, I am defining address for the slave. I am using mode3 i.e. 9-bit mode.

It is serial port interface(SPI) i.e. serial data transmission.

OK so I need these connections;
1) mąster's tx with sląve's rx and mąster's rx with slave's tx.

Yes you need this for serial communication to send data, By using the mode3 you can transmit data with your salve nodes.

2) p1 of mąster with p2 of sląve.

This is a another method which you can use to send data in addition to the above 1

Is these two connections I need sir?

You do not need two data transmission in a single application unless if you have any specific requirements in addition to the serial data transmission.

Hope you can understand two different data transmission methods.

If you need further clarification, it is better if you can provide an example application. So based on that we can help you more.

As this is SPI then u have to Use 4- pin's which are related to SPI and connect this pin each other.and one side implement as master and other one should be slave.

Sorry sir, didn't understand. :-(

I have just question not a schematic. I have written a program for my question. I am posting here.
Question) Write an assembly code for transmitting data from Mąster 8051's P1 to Sląve 8051's P2.

Coding)
Code:
;**************** Mąster Routine (burn it in Mąster 8051)*******************

mov tmod, #20h	;timer1, 8-bit auto reload, mode2.
	mov th1, #-3	;baud rate=9600bps
	mov scon, #0c8h	;mode3 and tb8=1
	setb tr1
	mov p1, #0aah	;any data to be send to slave#1
	mov p2, #55		;any data to be send to slave#2
again:
	mov sbuf, #01	;address of sląve, this time tb8 is high because slave is to be addressed here
	mov a, p1
	clr tb8			;now tb8 is cleared because we want to transmit data to the sląve
	mov sbuf, a
	setb tb8		;for next sląve addressing we must make tb8=1
	sjmp again
	end

;**************** Sląve Routine (burn it in Sląve 8051) ******************

mov tmod, #20h	;timer1, 8-bit auto reload, mode2.
	mov th1, #-3	;baud rate=9600bps
	mov scon, #0f0h	;mode3, SM2=1 and ren=1
	setb tr1
back:
	jnb ri, $		;checking whether sląve has received address in above Mąster Routine
	clr ri
	mov a, sbuf
	cjne a, #01, back
	clr sm2			;clear SM2 because address is verified and now sląve is ready to receive data
	jnb ri, $		;now checking whether sląve has received data in above Mąster Routine
	clr ri
	mov a, sbuf
	mov p3, a
	setb sm2		;again set SM2 for next turn
	sjmp back
	end

Can you provide me any rough diagram for this?

Thank you very much.

Is anyone here to help me?

- - - Updated - - -

As this is SPI then u have to Use 4- pin's which are related to SPI and connect this pin each other.and one side implement as master and other one should be slave.
Did not get. Which 4 pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.