Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Short circuit Protection with an IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikr09

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to prevent a Short Circuit case as the shown on the follow image using an IC. Ones of my priorities are:

• Maintain low power comsumption. About uA currents.
  • When the SC is detected, no damage can´t ocurred, the idea is that once the SC dissapear the circuit continues working fine.

https://i58.tinypic.com/20gk4d2.png

According to the image, GP1VCCOUT is the same VCC voltage which is commuted.

I hope you can help me with this.

Thanks for your attention.

There are now ICs available, designed to protect circuits from over-voltage and over-current, but often the circuits to be protected die faster than the IC can react.
For RF circuits your electronic fuse must stop the overcurrent faster than the protected RF device, so you must use equally fast (and expensive) devices for the fuses.

You can also use overcurrent relay & Fuse to protect your circuit from it. And there are also ICs available for the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back