Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SNR calculation in Matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahum

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am designing a GMSK demodulator, and trying to measure the SNR I can achieve, So I am constructing a GSMK signal centered at F0=26 MHz, using Matlab sampling=260 MHz, and passing this through an AWGN channel, with mode (Eb/No), input power=0.5 Watts(as I am sending cosine) and Eb/No=15 dB.

To make sure the actual SNR is 15 dB, I measure the signal power at the Rx (either I or Q branch after filtering), noise power(by subtracting clean signal power from the received signal at I or Q branch ) and subtract them in dB, but I get the actual SNR to be lower by 5 dB (11 dB) . Can somebody explain this to me ? What is the correct SNR, and what could I be doing wrong ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.